Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 4, 2011

for better or for worse



Are you as cynical towards the marriage institution as I am?
I love my marriage and my man, don't get me wrong,
but do you go to or see weddings that you know money was spent lavishly, 
you instantly feel,
'I hope this marriage will last
and
be as great as the money spent'

Weddings aren't cheap nowadays that parents or the bride/groom have to fork out thousands of RM.
Then, after some time, we hear that the marriage has been dissolved.
Isn't that sad?
To me,
yes of course we want the best on our greatest day ever
but most importantly,
we must seek Allah's barakah and parents' blessing.
Then comes acceptance.
Of who we really are, our virtues and faults.

It must be a day when everybody comes and pray for your happiness
wholeheartedly
Not forced upon or half hearted.
Maher Zain aptly sings:

From now you’ll share all your chores
Through hardship to support each other
Together worshipping Allah
Seeking His pleasure


We pray that He will fill your life
With happiness and blessings
And grant you kids who make your home
Filled with laughter


Let’s raise our hands and make Dua
Like the Prophet taught us
And with one voice
Let’s all say, say, say

بارك الله لكما وبارك عليكما



Why the sudden outburst?
I have a bad feeling about somebody I know and I can only pray for their happiness.
They're building something for all the wrong reasons and somehow, each deserves better.
*pic credit: weheartit.com

No comments: