When I turned on the TV a couple of nights ago ,it was featuring the XIXth Commonwealth games. Weightlifting was on - snatch category.
Didn't get the chance to switch to another channel fast enough cos the boys got hooked on the athletes lifting 100+ kilos of weight. Soon, I was cheering along to the 2 Malaysian reps, Amirul Hamizan and Mohd Syafiq- Amirul won the first gold for Malaysia. (I like the local press calling them Badang Muda)
It ended up a fun watch looking at the participants doing their very best, the strain on their faces while lifting and the big smile when they succeed.
Lucky we stumbled upon this event because my boys got their lesson on sportsmanship and the joy of winning after a good struggle, instead of Mom's daily dosage of MTV hits and E! news.
More medals won the next day.
Malaysia Boleh!



No comments:
Post a Comment