Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lima Puluh Shades

I'm known to be a little behind when it comes to stuff I'm not familiar with. I'm all for trying it out but I'm more down with something I'm used to or my favourites. So when I buy books, I'd finish my favourite authors first then experiment new ones with good reviews. 'Unputdownable' or 'Irresistible' are words that will surely entice for a purchase.

Despite reading English for my degree, I hardly browse the New York Times best seller. Therefore, I had no idea that this particular book was on fire. I enjoy reading Eloisa James. She's known to twist fairy tales and apply them to her plot, so when I saw E L James, I thought they were the same person. I was in for a total surprise. 

50 shades started off as your typical love story novella til they started to get 'heavy'. Little did I know that it fell under the erotic fiction section. In MPH, it was merely at the romance rack. The cover hardly justifies the inside. What if teenagers bought it? There's hardly any warning of adult content so be wary if your kids are reading this. Anyway, despite feeling kinda ambivalent with such details (try browsing page 174) I've already bought it so I might as well finish it.  Even, the husband was shocked when I showed him some pages that I was reading. As soon as the boys starts to read serious stuff, I'll give it away.

Book 1
They meet
The book was actually draggy and it could be written it just a single book. The author started off writing fan fiction and succeeded, hence the trilogy. However, she tends to repeat her words and phrases so it's kinda boring. But ... she has a story. A love story at that and you feel something for this couple. Their wordplay in emails are endearing and in the end, I finished the three books in merely 1 week. You will feel sad for Christian and you hope for the relationship to work despite it all. All in all, I enjoyed it and it did affect me. Go underneath the kinky and indulge yourself with their affection for each other.

Book 2
They fall in love
Book 3
They marry and sustain
I've browsed the Net and many blogs condemn the book but that's just the society today. To go against majority appears cool. We're taking stuff too seriously. Well, you just can't please everybody all the time.  If I enjoyed the book, why not? I'm with millions of others who did. Nevertheless, the parodies created from this story are funny indeed.

Can't wait to read this one
Impatient for the movie. I really hope Emma Watson won't be casted. She's too commercial and it'd be hard to separate her from Hermione. They need a new ingenue. And EL James has already crossed out R-Patz and K-Stew, even before the publicised affair. 

Note: Don't sneak a peak during this month of ramadhan.
All pics googled.

No comments: