Something came up.
It was just not meant to be.
I recall such fond memories having their music in my life.
Many a times their songs filled the silence in my world.
Most people enjoy their debut album 'everybody else is doing it .. why can't we?'
My favourite would be 'Bury the hatchet' launched in 1999.
Most of their angst had faded and my most absolute favourite played over and over again would be 'dying in the sun' It was an awkward year, I was in Gombak and still coping as a freshie in Uni, so dolores would be singing to me most of the day when I'm not in class.
The interest with this Irish band was of course sparked by their mainstream hit, Zombie.
The crooning and lyrics just got to me and I keep most of the cassettes still while other obsolete bands have been tossed away.I vaguely remember me and the gang would dream of studying overseas and catch their concert whenever possible. None of these dreams happened so you'd understand why I was so happy hearing they were coming to town. The gang is all over the country now too, Kuantan, Johor etc
Can't believe it has been 18 years of the Cranberries.
The wait goes on.
Maybe not in Kuala Lumpur, elsewhere that is better.
It was just not meant to be.

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment