Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

fun would be an understatement

I read most blogs and facebook statuses write of a Battleship weekend.
We watched Battleship as early as Tuesday Night when it debuted because I wanted to spare the whole weekend for family. 
Surprisingly despite the eve of a public holiday, the halls were half-filled. 
Battleship was indeed action-packed though the first 20 mins was slightly similar to Armageddon (forbidden love-domineering father) and some of the alien related scenes were doubtful but if the Hubs says we might watch it again, it warrants a rating of more than 3 stars.

Saturday was for the extended Family when we went to my cousin's daughter's wedding in Tanjong Karang. I got to meet my Terengganu side.

I had to work early Saturday because my school was the host to an Islamic applied skills competition, zone level. This is where Sekolah Agama kids compete in Tilawah, Hafazan, Pengurusan jenazah, Forum, Khutbah, Tafsir, Khat etc etc. I left as soon as possible.


Parents arrived just as we got ready. Sawah Sempadan, Tanjong Karang is picturesque and will evoke numerous Instagram pictures. (that's the only application I know that makes my photos superb)
My sisters fought over which house was setting to Tentang Dhia/NurKasih and I was eager to know which was Selangor's football captain's house.


The bride, Fifi teaches the school just in front of mine but we hardly meet because hers is primary. Food was delicious. Something you'd expect in a javanese community.
There were my fave dishes, sambal goreng, sambal tahun, sambal kerang, pecal, gulai daging and for dessert, bubur chacha, bubur kacang, cendol, soya bean, kerepek, kuih koci and tapai. I tell ya, you'd never run out of food and go starving at a kenduri jawa.
Bumped into my ex lecturer who is a relation by marriage. 
Only discovered it when we went to the same wedding after I graduated from maktab.






After the wedding, we convened at my house for tea. 
Achu and Pakchu came along bearing Goreng Pisang,
Hana Madiha turned 2 so we cut a birthday cake and had soto afterwards.
Achu stayed on til the Liverpool vs Everton game ended. 
The reds had a scare when Everton scored first. Haha lega King Kenny.



Sunday was all relaxed. Lunch was at 3pm and then we headed to the Curve where I stocked up my square scarves from the Weekend Street Market. We let the boys loose in a toy store with Hubs being extra excited, had Iced Coffee and arrived home just in time for the Chelsea against TH match. 5 goals were totally mind blowing.
So it'd be the YWNA team going against The Blues Army for the FA Cup fight.
Interesting.




I'm thinking of heading to check out Sg Wang for cheap finds this weekend. God knows I have not been in that area for ages.


No comments: