The minute I heard that search was going to do a 30th anniversary concert in KL, I knew I wanted to go.
As soon as my sister agreed to babysit for the night, I bought 2 tics online.
I still remember when my love for Search started. It was SPM week, and they showed Search Unplugged concert in Life Centre on TV. At that time, I knew most of their mainstream ballads but afterwards I began buying their albums and I got hooked. I loved their rampage album especially, I bought it twice! My friends and I have a theory that the rampage album is cursed after it was banned by RTM. We discovered that who ever has that album will lose it eventually. I lost my first purchase and my second cassette melted in the car. Those were the days.
The concert location was changed from Padang Astaka, PJ to Mines convention centre in seri Kembangan. We rushed after maghrib and good thing Mines is near mak's place.By then, Salahuddin's party pun dah habis. I could not imagine where to park if it was done in PJ. We arrived just in time to Amy's opening song: Panggung Khayalan. I estimated the crowd to 10-15K. I was right. Good thing MIECC was carpeted, so we just sat on the floor with other people our age (30s-40s were the majority) and just layannnnnnnnnnnn.
When they played the ballad piece, I was more in love with the husband cos Amy just took us away ke awan biru. The whole crowd was singing together to Isabella, Rozana, gadisku and the last song, Fantasia Bulan Madu. It was truly a night to remember.
 |
| too crowded near the stage |
 |
| enjoying it to the max |
 |
| viva for cabutan bertuah |
 |
| tickets secured |
 |
| while lining up to get in |
 |
| the stage |
 |
| amy rocking it |
 |
| without the boys, memang macam berbulan madu di awan biru |
And now we're overplaying search in the car even the boys can sing Rozana. :) pheeeeeeeewit.
Husband confessed he prefers Wings. There is going to be a loud speaker concert in town featuring wings but faizal tahir included. ermm no!
No comments:
Post a Comment