Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

2nd week of ramadhan

Sekejap je rasa dah masuk minggu ke dua. Kedai pun dah ada pasang lagu raya. And I hear people starting to shop for raya in FB, twitter and even the news. Kot ye pun .. 

I'm not that eager to start shopping yet because it'll just mark the end of Ramadhan. O ramadhan, please don't pass too quickly. Not excited to shop online too, no feel in that. I buy stuff I afford and cheap branded goods online just don't make the cut for me. The rush of receiving the paper bag after purchase over the cashier is fulfilling. Don't know why I had to voice that out.


So far, Hazim has succeeded to fast the 7.5 days. He didn't have the energy on the 2nd day but after going to school and his friends were fasting, he was more determined to fast. Talk about peer pressure. I commented that he won't be getting a bicycle for his birthday since the promise was the whole month of Ramadhan. then, he insisted on fasting still on eid.Such innocent minds .. The husband and I are really in awe of his effort and strongwill in fasting the whole day for the first time this year. Hazim - ever the tenacious and disciplined like his name.

Kitchen wise, I try to cook all the iftar meals and avoid bazaars at all cost but Sunday saw me overwhelmed with laundry -to wash, hand, fold and store, that we had to stop at Sect 2, Shah Alam's param to bring something to the in laws.(husband loves his neighbourhood param) And yesterday, I finished my panel meeting at 5.30pm so I had to resort to bazaar food but the soto and popia was yummy. Just that it burns a hole in my pocket if I go to one, wanting everything on sale. Later, I slept at 8.00pm and only woke in time for sahur. Meetings really drain me. Speaking of food, I tried korean food at Tesco setia alam the other day and don't think I can stomach them. It just does not tingle my tastebud. 


Had my dose of Sect 3's bubur lambuk so this weekend we're heading back to Kajang and enjoy my mum's cooking pulak. Can't wait.
This bubur lambuk is available every moday and thursday. Love them for its lemakness, meat pieces, chickpeas and prawn. Best eaten with kicap manis and daun sup.

Which do you prefer?
Home cooked food or best of ramadhan bazaars?

Selamat berpuasa.

No comments: