I've been depriving the boys home cooked meals which isn't actually hard to do. But lately, I'd rather work on dressing up and stress on where to eat than getting my meals done by own self.
During breakfast today, my colleagues and I were comparing good eateries in our area. We had limited choices but it proved how we take the easy way out too often. I knew then that I need to get the stove running again. I've been fixing easy meals like breakfast and pasta. I NEED to go back to cooking lauks again.
Eating out spoils us with choice and I never tire of coming up with various establishment to haunt. But how about cleanliness? doubtful halal certs? healthy ingredients? preservatives and additives? All that matters fly out the window once I see the menu. I have fresh slaughtered chickens and just-arrived seafood for the taking when I choose to cook then why are you lazy Hajar? Why? I know the minute I vow to start cooking, then tomorrow I'd be thinking of where to have dinner before school ends. Why can't I be supermom? My boys deserve better than other people cooking for them. They need to be reminded that mommy can cook.
Well at least I managed to do it today and I'm proud to have a piping hot meal- 3 side dishes - to serve tonight. I put the boys in their playroom, Husband dozed off, turned on the Ipod and starting chopping-sizzling away. Cooking is actually therapeutic for me and I got solve a couple of things while at it. Nothing else worths more than seeing everything polished off.
I just need wake up calls sometimes to take me back to reality.
Where's my cooking book again?

No comments:
Post a Comment