Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The sun's on my side. Wave me for a ride .. I smile up to the sky I know i'll be alright

  • meetings whatnot has started. so i can see time with the boys slowly dissipating. time for the house too. so i went all out washing, cleaning, scrubbing and mopping to make it extra sparkly cos i know i'd be most busy in january

  • got no plans on new year'e eve. not goin back to either shah alam or kajang too. maybe just hangout at home and watch the countdown on tv. Auld lang syne is playing non stop in my head. too bad there are'nt gonna be any fireworks in quaint tok muda but at least i'll have my peace and quiet.
  • hazim's kindie fees is gonna cost us rm300+. pretty steep for an unknown kampung one but people around says its good so i hope they live up to their name.
  • i'm currently reading
It portrays a couple who has trouble conceiving and when they do, their kid is diagnosed with severe osteogenesis imperfecta, they are devastated – she will suffer hundreds of broken bones as she grows, a lifetime of pain. as they cope with medical fees, they also found out that the ob/gyn had prior knowledge that the baby had such defect.
one of the moral dilemma featured was - would you terminate your pregnancy is you found out that you're carrying a disabled baby?
This disability got featured in M Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable. The character was Samuel L Jackson kalau tak silap. He was constantly in and out of body braces.


Sometimes i just wanna kick myself for constantly being ignorant and ungrateful with what little or big blessings i have. My babies are alive and kicking, Alhamdulillah pretty healthy except the occasional sniffs and flus and we at Malaysia have good medical care that i'm entitled for free and first class. I caught Micheal Moore's 'Sicko' documentary and how people in some parts of the world are denied healthcare. And healthcare is more important than having weapons, cars or malls.

The experience i've had having both my boys at general hospitals has been pleasant and i'm willing to vouch for the good service i've had. The doctors are highly qualified and I rest my thoughts knowing i'm in good hands. The proof is in my non visible c-sect cut, no scary scars. I need not worry of the bill that will cost me an arm or leg when I discharge. I dont know what people have gone thru so far at General Hospitals but its actually your rezeki too. I've heard stories of scary nurses who shout and rant but the ones i've met are really nice. It all boils down to treating people as you want to be treated.

I've been to the 'privates' too and my rooms at GH have been more prettier and classier. The husband get to watch the birth and take care of me post natal. I've also heard of cases having to wait for hours to see their 'specialists' at the privates. To all those snobs who glories on about the privates let me ask you but one thing - when things go wrong and wary there, where do they refer such cases to? GH of course. I'll probably seek private practices in the future but only if i'm not paying one cent.

  • Wonder if we'll have time for alvin and friends. Heard the chipettes are hot. hehehe

Til then, happy holidays and Happy New Year 2010. Take a cup of kindness for auld lang syne.

No comments: