i love Jeffrey Archer's books and i must say 'The Prodigal Daughter' is my favourite book.

I've read all his titles and TPD remains the on top. His books make me wanna finish them in one go.
Currently I'm reading this book
and half way did i realize that its actually inspired by a true story and the characters are real. They are among the first climbers of Everest or Chomolungma. People asked Mallory why does he want to climb Mt Everest? he replied 'Becos its there' But its still unconcluded whether he reached the peak or not. He never returned after an attempt in 1924 and his body was found 75 years later. I know the ending after having googled George Mallory but I'm gonna finish reading this semi-biography anyways and its a Jeffrey Archer's book.

George Mallory
Taken from jeffrey archer's website:
"people have dreams that are so outrageous that if they were to achieve them, their place in history would be guaranteed. Francis Drake, Robert Scott, Percy Fawcett, Charles Lindbergh, Amy Johnson, Sir Edmund Hillary and Neil Armstrong are among such individuals.
But what if one man had such a dream, and when he’d achieved it, there was no proof that he had fulfilled his ambition?"
George Mallory was a teacher too but are my dreams as high as his?
WOnder what my path of glory would be ..

No comments:
Post a Comment