The sudden passing of so many important persons lately brings sadness and heartache. I heard an ustaz once saying that let there be prayers together with the tears to accompany the demise. And as Ramadhan approaches, we can't help but miss the ones that have left us behind. Of course we remember the smile, the jokes, and the tales of the past and for my opah, the cooking.
It says that the dearly departed are released from their world during the month are Ramadhan to return and 'be' with their loved ones. I hope my grandparents will see that I have grown. I am a teacher striving to impart what little knowledge I have. My two boys are healthy and active. Hazim is the chatterbox that would have filled your silence with his escapades. Hariz is just like me when I was his age inspecting every crook and cranny of the house, picking up whatever is on the floor and puts it in his mouth. Opah, you would see that I try to cook your famous dishes though I would never get the right taste even if it is just fried chicken. You would see that we still gather in merriment and despite that you're no longer with us, we are still close as ever. And you would see that we are happy and well. And we miss you so dearly.
The thing that makes me thankful that I'm in this school is the emphasis on religion and you can't help but feel peaceful most of the time. You can hear Quranic recitations all the time, the call to prayers by the students themselves, the endless salam as you walk by them and the annual agenda before Ramadhan – Tahlil. Tahlil is remembrance of the departed where we will gather and recite doa in hope that it will reach them. Donations are made for the distribution of food amongst us. As long as I've been here in Jeramville, positive changes have happened to me and slowly I have realized the hikmah of You placing me here. May the students be forever blessed to be among the mukminin.
I pray and hope it will be a barakah month for me. God give me strength ..


No comments:
Post a Comment