Once upon a time, we went to a beach in Merang, Terengganu. Merang is where the jetty to a Terengganu Island is located. So we (my sibs and parents) decided that we must go for an island getaway in June that is also the school holidays. So I made a few enquiries around, and so did my parents and since it was quite a short notice (islands are already booked since months earlier), it would cost a bomb and be a rushed holiday with too many a crowd and the cons go on and on. The getaway was crossed out. Maybe next time.
So I carried on with my plans with my school for a trip to Kelantan on labour's day weekend. Itinerary: shop! shop! shop!
The big family got intrigued. Typical! Nevertheless, they decided to tag along. What started out of only 2 nights turned to three. We checked in at Terengganu first to pick up Aiman and made a 'quick' stop at Pasar Payang for the annual batik raya. (Ayah's a big fan of batik) Best of both worlds - Terengganu and Kelantan. Food and shopping wise. Initially I wanted to catch the away game of Selangor and Terengganu but upon entering Chukai, it was a stream of cars till K.Tganu on a single lane. Going fast was not an option and we arrived just in time to see the stadium lights turned off. Small glitch in plans.
At Pasar Payang.
I'm a Terengganuet at heart so I support their batik and didn't glimspe at the Kelantan ones.
Kids were clearly bored so all they did was pose and pose.
I got to eat nasi minyak here this time cos it's always zilch by the time we arrive.
We took the beach road to Kelantan and stopped by Setiu for the famous 'celup tepungs' by the sea.
Cheap and fresh prawns, squids and fish.
The beach was so beautiful, I got my dose of tranquility there.
Upon arriving to Kota Bharu, we checked in a the Grand Riverview Hotel and had my school dinner there.
The only activity I joined in. Nights meant visit to Wakaf Che Yeh.
It was exactly like your neighbourhood uptown but with more stuff from Thailand.
Bought cheap toys for the boys, boxers for me and jeans for the husband.
The next day, we explored Kota Bharu (despite the scorching heat) , lunched at the famous Cikgu Nasi Ulam (simple food but 2 thumbs up) and bought souvenirs. Pictures shown above and below.
The family explored Rantau Panjang on Sunday, visited Bro in Law, Nik's house in Pasir Mas and shopped some more at Wakap Che Yeh that night. At Rantau Panjang, Husband secured cheap Thai tees for him and quilts and tapau set for me.
Monday saw us bidding goodbye to Kota Bharu and make our journey home. I opted for nasi berlauk this time and got some desserts to go with it. Found yummy solok lada too. Made our way to Pasar Siti Khadijah for some tudung and jewellery.
Then what is a visit to KB without a trip to Pantai Cahaya Bulan. Again, we became crazy tourists taking pictures in the blazing sun.
and here are pictures of mosque near Rantau Panjang, paddy fields in Pasir Mas and a very big mosque in Jerteh.
Very tiring but eventful and enjoyable. Don't know if I'll ever go as far as Kelantan again.
Next stop?
Perlis.








No comments:
Post a Comment