Just cried after watching the ending of Toy Story 3 when Andy said goodbye to his mom and later played with his toys for the last time before leaving for college. Soon, my own 'Andy' will fly off to college ..
Why does time fly so fast like on a supersonic jet or something?
Anyway, today was Hazim's first official school day. He went to Sekolah Kebangsaan yesterday but today was when he attended both SK and Sek. Agama. He was asleep by 9pm. A record for a boy who rarely sleeps before midnite. Knew it'll be tiring that was why I was ambivalent about Sek Rendah Agama (SRA) which is in the morning session (7.45 - 11.00 am). But me and the husband both got most of our Islamic knowledge during SRA and with both of us running all over short of time all the time, it might be hard to slot in time to teach him Fardhu Ain, Quranic recitation and other basic stuff. So it'll be hard for him to adjust school as early as 7 am til 6 pm (kalah office hours!) but for the long run, it'll be very beneficial for him. With all the social negativity amongst youths these days, I have to armour my sons with ilmu agama.
So here is his picture during orientation day. I didn't take any on his first day cos I was bogged down with migraine having arriving home @5am from Penang. (gila!)
When papa came to check on him during recess since he's still unfamiliar with money, he hurried his father back home saying he can cope. I cried when I heard this. Mama's baby is all grown up. Soon you'll be asking Mama to go pinang some girl for you. Ishk!
Sampai rumah, we discovered that the newly moved-in neighbour will be his ustazah at SK. How would that turn out? I would've peed in my pants if my teacher lived next door but Hazim is nonchalant as always.
This was taken this morning. All puffy eyed having to wake up at 6ish am. Wonder what will happen when semangat nak sekolah vanishes. Still all bravado when papa checked up on him, but Papa was stalled by somebody asking for directions so he turned up 5 mins late for pick up. Hazim was crying all alone at the canteen. Kesian.
Little Hariz on the other hand is lost without his brother to bully for the whole day.
First he said: Abg sekolah, adik rumah ..
Then when he wanted to play with abg's text book, I prevented and said it's abg's. Surprisingly, he said: abang punya je ..
And taking the cake would be tonight when he sprayed abg's face when abg slept early with a water spray.
Mama: Ayish buat apa?
Hariz: pay pay* abg tido. (*spray)
To console him after so many school stuff for abg, we bought him a bag. He was so happy with it but still dissatisfied he has no uniform. semua tak sabar nak besar. Double ishk!
So the house has finally settled down after rushing here and there and we're starting to fall into routine. Life is no longer a party.
I hope I'll be able to look back sometime and know I gave my sons the very best.
*astro boy the animated movie actually very entertaining.
** Hazim oves to choose the colour pink for his stuff eg his tumbler. Should I be worried?

No comments:
Post a Comment