Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

girl .. i salute you!

i was having my breakfast when a class begun in the APD room next door and they showed this CD on the success secrets of Nik Nur Madiha who scored 20As in the previous SPM exam. I stopped eating and surfing midway to eavesdrop and man .. if she can do it what ever in the world is stopping my students. i hope i will be blessed with an ideal student or child like her. i hope she continues to achieve her dreams and seek the best knowledge she thinks is fit for her.


it saddens me that an underpriviledged girl like her who worries so much of her fisherman-dad can score successfully unlike me myself who has all the study supplements i want. She only asks for pocket money when she truly needs it and saves what extra she has to buy books. She brings her own fdood to school but chooses to fast regularly for peace and calm. Her parents didnt know that she took 20 subjects becos she didnt want to burden them with thoughts of how much the books would cost. Through her speech, she is well versed, well read and soft spoken. Her muslimah image is what i expect my students to adopt but unlikely so. She knows what is her main priority during these teenage years that is to seek knowledge to go further but all my students care about are boys, boys and boys.

her home

I was really engrossed with the vid but the meant-for audience couldnt care less. They have given up before the battle. Numerous motivational talks or inspiring stories wont make them realise that dreams can come true if you strive to reach it but its hard work to them.

so dear students of mine,
I'm not giving up .. on my part i hope when you leave school, you'd be able to speak basic english and write a decent letter. I hope you will continue reading even if its just a line. I hope you'll learn a new word each day.I hope you'd find it in you to know what is important in life. I hope you will at least try. I wish you the best.

1 comment:

la Signora said...

Okay, here's where I draw the line to kids who claim, "Cikgu, saya tak reti spiking".Nak ku bagi makan sireh ilmu jer (atau bak kata one friend of mine who is a teacher up there in the No-Man's Land di Sarawak nun, 'bagi makan kismis satu lori pun tak tentu lagi buleh pass.Sedih tapi benar').Bila suruh nyanyi lagu Lady Gaga, amboi, berbuih² siap aksi lagi.Or as another friend of mine would say, 'If they can say 'F**K' you bet my ass they understand English'. ha ha ha.

So yes, to the students, tak baik tipu Cikgu, nanti Tuhan marah.

If they choose to read an entertainment magazine in English pun kira baikkkk dah.Kalau yang spesis suka baca Hai, URTV, Mangga,...aiyo, dono lah.